[p4] P4V 2007.2 change list bug?

Todd Short (tshort) tshort at cisco.com
Thu Aug 30 07:10:59 PDT 2007

I'm sending a bug report to Perforce, but I want to know if anyone else
has seen the following:

This appears to be a regression in 2007.2 vs. 2006.1 in P4V.

On our server (2006.1), we have the following trigger:

change form-out change "script"

Which pre-populates new changelists.

On P4V 2006.1, this worked fine. When you selected the default
changelist, right click and chose "New Pending Changelist...", the
"Pending Changelist" dialog is displayed with the pre-populated
changelist under "Write a changelist description:".

On P4V 2007.2, this no longer occurs, the dialog now has an empty text
entry field under "Write a changelist description:".

Anyone else see this? Is this an incompatibility between 2006.1 server
and 2007.2 P4V?
--
-Todd Short
tshort at cisco.com
// "One if by land, two if by sea, three if by the Internet."