[p4] Revision confusion

Dave Lewis dlewis78731 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 08:49:21 PDT 2007

This seems consistent with the way it works when editing an older
revision, then syncing and resolving to the head revision...  the one
part that really surprised me was the output of p4 have.  it makes
sense, but I guess I had never thought about the have list reflecting
the sync so specifically.  I had tended to think it reflected what was
on the client.

The other surprise was that the revert reverted you back to the
revision you had synced to, rather than the revision you had opened
for edit.  That makes sense too, but I had not thought about this
case.  it is an unusual scenario, it seems to me.

I guess fstat will tell you the details relevant to files open for edit.

Thanks for doing that experiment!

dave