[p4] Revision confusion

Dave Lewis dlewis78731 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 20:01:01 PDT 2007

On 8/30/07, Jeff Jensen <jjensen at apache.org> wrote:

> p4 help revert
>
> revert -- Discard changes from an opened file
>
> p4 revert [ -a -n -c changelist# ] file ...
>
>      Revert an open file back to the revision previously
> synced from
>      the depot, discarding any pending changelists or
> integrations that
>      have been made.
> [snip]
>

> Possibly the word "previously" should be changed to
> "last", as in "...revision last synced...", for better
> clarity.

heh, heh, I can still remember rolling around in my mind the first
perforce error message I really had to deal with: "no files in depot
and client view".  It finally occurred to me that I needed to take
that "and" as a set operation, and the msg started to make sense. It
was only gonna operate on the intersection of the files in the depot
and client view.

quite a lot of perforce boils down to set operations on files, it seems to me.

dave, a bit off topic.