[p4] sync

Stephen Vance steve at vance.com
Fri Feb 1 12:46:12 PST 2008

This doesn't sound like a standard Perforce workflow. The job is
submitted as soon as the command finishes. If there is a lag between
when your submission finishes and when it "shows up on the server" I'm
guessing you have some additional promotion mechanisms in place.

If that's true, then there are characteristics of your submissions that
can be tracked. Without knowing the details of this process, it's hard
to know what to look at. If you want to look at a particular change
counter from the GUI, check out the "custom tools" functionality in both
P4Win and P4V.

Steve

Eric.Walker at smsc.com wrote:
> Ivey,
> well, I think I am on a remote client of the perforce server, so we use
> proxys. There is a push counter that shows me what is pushed to the server
> and I get that by using p4 counters etc. once the number of the push
> counter and the number of the change match up, I know the server has my
> job and has processed it. In the gui, I can't do this. When I have looked
> at recent changes under the submitted changes tab, I can see my change but
> the server has yet to process it. I was looking for a way to do this
> within the gui.
>

> Eric B. Walker
>

> "Ivey, William" <william_ivey at bmc.com>
> 02/01/08 11:55 AM

> Eric Walker/SMSC at SMSC, <perforce-user at perforce.com>
> cc
>
> Subject
> RE: [p4] sync
>

> If it's recent, you can just look at the submitted changes,
> sorted by change number.
>
> For a specific changelist, in P4Win you can use the menu
> item: Changlist | Describe Changelist...
>
> -Wm

Stephen Vance
www.vance.com