[p4] Perforce file size limit

Frank Compagner frank.compagner at guerrilla-games.com
Mon Feb 4 13:05:43 PST 2008

I think this is a limitation in the RCS parser, we ran into this some
years back (on a Windows 64 server). In our case it was a 50 MB text
file (we have lots of those) with some 40 revisions that caused the
problem. As having files of this size in RCS format isn't really
useful anyway (submits tend to be rather slow too), we changed the
filetype to ctext (or text+C) to make the server store a separate file
per revision to fix the problem. Getting rid of the db references to
the corrupt RCS file was a bit more tricky (obliterate failed because
it couldn't parse the file), but with some help from support we fixed
that too.

Frank Compagner                                  Guerrilla Games