[p4] Detecting if a client exists (cheaply)

Nau, Mike Mike_Nau at intuit.com
Wed Feb 6 12:42:01 PST 2008

How about p4 -c clientname where //...

If the client doesn't exist you'll get:

Client 'clientname' unknown - use 'client' command to create it.

If the client does exist you'll get something similar to:

//depot/... //myclient/depot/... d:\perforce\myclient\depot\...
//release/... //myclient/release/... d:\perforce\myclient\release\...

or

Client 'clientname' can only be used from host 'hostname'

if the client is tied to a host other than the one you are running the command on.

-Mike