[p4] Sync Hangs

Bill Mauer bmauer at aspyr.com
Thu Feb 7 08:20:58 PST 2008

If you're connected to the Onshore p4 server through VPN, you'll have to
change the MTU on the client machine.  The best alternative to that is
to have a p4 proxy connect to the server at Onshore since it pays
attention to the MTU and you don't have to change anything on the client
machine.  You can find plenty of resources for changing the MTU on all
different OSes.  Unless you're going through old hardware you should be
able to get by setting it to 700.

Fixing the client to attention to that is one fix I would greatly
appreciate in the future!

Bill Mauer