[p4] Revision Control Debate

Curtis Spencer thorin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 09:53:19 PST 2008

Hi,

I am one of the maintainers of Cruxlux, a fairly new platform for
structured online debates, question and answer, and live blog
conversations.  The structured format allows rapid point-counterpoint
interaction, exposes spin, prevents people from talking past each
other, and intuitively lays out the arguments on a given issue.

We currently have a question on there about which VCS to use on a new
open source project:
http://www.cruxlux.com/question/view/1095
and it would be cool to get some perforce supporters in there.

I want to expand this debate further by getting the experts in the
field to chime in.  Secondly, we are planning a podcast roundtable
session to accompany the answers to this question , and if anyone in
this list would like to participate for perforce, please contact me  at
info at cruxlux.com or respond here.  We are scheduling it for early next
week.  The idea would be to get someone from each vcs
(perforce,mercurial, git, monotone, subversion, bazaar) to discuss the
strengths and weaknesses of their projects, and then to have a
discussion about what new features (if any) should go into VCSs in the
next few years.

Thanks for reading,

Curtis Spencer
Cruxlux