[p4] How to change Client Root definition?

George Wong stdcells at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 11:04:55 PST 2008

Thanks for your reply.  The "p4 client -i" command overwrites the entire client spec file.  I just want to override the "Root:" definition.

  For instance, Perforce has both a "P4HOST" global variable and "p4 -H" command to override the "Host:" definition.  I was wondering is there a similar thing for the Client Root?

"Looney, James B (N-ULA)" <james.b.looney at lmco.com> wrote:
  Sounds like you probably want to read up on the -i option for client (p4
help client) and use that option to pass in the spec from the command
line.