[p4] The typical question - "Is my change in that branch?"

Rui Casais ruic at funcom.com
Fri Feb 8 02:36:46 PST 2008

Hi

I know this is a typical question, but I've discussed it and read so
many things about it recently that I'm confused.

In my company everyone works in private branches. Those branches are
regurlarly integrated to trunk and around every week we integrate trunk
to the Stable branch. The question that always comes up is:
"Is the fix I did in changelist 123 in the latest Stable branch version?"

So my question is:
What is the easiest way of checking if a particular changelist is
present in a specific branch at changelistnumber?

Thanks!
Rui