[p4] The typical question - "Is my change in that branch?"

Biswajit Dash biswajitind at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 04:10:25 PST 2008

Hi Rui,
Please refer "Practical Perforce"
Chapter 8 section 4.

Laura Wingerd have explained it in a very simple way,
along with examples.

> "Is the fix I did in changelist 123 in the latest
> Stable branch version?"

Lets assume the stable version is
//depot/product/4.0/...

p4 changes -i //depot/product/4.0/... | findstr 123
or
p4 changes -i //depot/product/4.0/... | grep 123

will list changelist 123 is it is integrated direct;y
or indirectly into
//depot/product/4.0/...

You can specify the changelist in the stable branch
also as follows.
p4 changes -i //depot/product/4.0/... at 1324 | findstr
123

Caveat: Even if a single file revision from changelist
123 is integrated into stable branch. The output of
the above command will list it.

Perforce assumes that All the files for a
fix(belonging to a changelists) are integrated at
once.

Regards,
Biswajit.