[p4] Perforce Proxy and Checkpoint

Nellie Chen Nellie.Chen at autodesk.com
Tue Feb 12 08:12:54 PST 2008

Hi,

We have a team that is using a Perforce proxy server to access our central Perforce server.  However, when we are performing a backup of the central Perforce server by doing checkpointing, the proxy server accessing the central server also hangs.  Is this the expected behavior?

The proxy server users have reported that they can neither view the files that are already synced to the proxy server, nor can they use p4 via command-line when setting P4PORT to the proxy server (p4 simply hangs).

Is there a way to allow the proxy server users to access our central Server (just read access to the databases) while the checkpoint is occurring?  If not, can you suggest a workaround?

Thanks,
Nellie