[p4] What is "Show file state icons" supposed to do in Windows File Explorer?

Karr, David david.karr at wamu.net
Sat Feb 16 20:40:23 PST 2008

In looking at the Perforce context menu on file elements in Windows File
Explorer, I noticed the Preferences option "Show file state icons".  I
can't figure out what this is supposed to do.  It would be intriguing if
it decorated the file icons in Windows File Explorer with some
information, but it doesn't appear to do that if I turn it on, or
perhaps I have to do something else with that.