[p4] What is "Show file state icons" supposed to do in Windows File Explorer?

Peter Jackson pnj at ravenbrook.com
Sun Feb 17 00:27:43 PST 2008

It does cause file icons to be decorated with Perforce information using
the same conventions as P4WIN.

It will only do this to files that are part of the Perforce workspace
that it knows about, so perhaps you don't have that set up yet.

The icons will also not appear if your workspace is incorrectly formed.
   In particular, if your ROOT field in the workspace is formed with
forward slashes instead of backslashes (an easy mistake for some to
make) then the icon decorations won't show.

Pute.