[p4] What is "Show file state icons" supposed to do in Windows File Explorer?

Karr, David david.karr at wamu.net
Sun Feb 17 07:43:06 PST 2008

By workspace, I assume you mean "client view".  This client view has
been "set up" for a long time now, and I've tried to view numerous files
in Windows Explorer that have been checked in for quite a while, and it
isn't showing anything in the file icons.

> The icons will also not appear if your workspace is
> incorrectly formed.
>    In particular, if your ROOT field in the workspace is
> formed with forward slashes instead of backslashes (an easy
> mistake for some to
> make) then the icon decorations won't show.

By the "ROOT field", do you mean the value that I entered in the text
box with the label "Restrict the Explorer plug-in to the following
folders. Type one path per line. Each line should begin with a drive
letter."?  When I saw this text box, I clicked the "Add Client Root to
Filter" button, and that inserted a correct backslash path to the client
root.

Any other ideas?