[p4] Request too large from p4 changes

Thierry Lam Thierry.Lam at autodesk.com
Thu Feb 21 14:38:24 PST 2008

My group already has those values setup:

MaxResults:     400000

MaxScanRows:    unlimited

Any ideas what else I have to look for?

On 21/02/08 4:55 PM, "Stephen Vance" <steve at vance.com> wrote:

These parameters are in the group memberships. You get the highest value
from all the groups you are in. The parameters are MaxResults,
MaxScanRows, MaxLockTime, and Timeout. The maxresults help page
describes all of them.

Steve

Thierry Lam wrote:
> I'm trying to find out what the last 5 changes were from a specific location on the depot, for instance::
>
> p4 changes -m5 //depot/main/hello/...
> Request too large (over 400000); see 'p4 help maxresults'.
>
> I get the above message, however the above works fine with -m1 but anything greater than 1 fails.  The same p4 changes -m5 command works elsewhere on the depot, does anyone know if there's a perforce mechanism which  controls this behaviour?
>
> Thierry

Stephen Vance
www.vance.com