[p4] Finding the workspace name: is p4config mandatory?

Ivey, William william_ivey at bmc.com
Fri Feb 22 08:55:57 PST 2008

Anything that runs from the command line is going to need information
about P4 either from the environment, it's own command line or the
registry on Windows.

I use P4CONFIG on all my build machines - I don't see what's hard
about putting one file per workspace down. Once that's done, the
script can find the client name by parsing the output from p4 info
or p4 client -o, etc.

-Wm