[p4] Limiting users ability to create new branches

G Barthelemy gb.perforce at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:08:05 PST 2008

I have never tried it, but what about the undocumented (p4 help undoc)
"=branch" right which can be used for preventing files from being
branched. So somewhere in your protection table, you'd have a rule
like:

=branch group nobranchortonywillstrike * -//depot/...

I guess this rule should be placed below the first rule that gives
members of that group write access to the depot.

Another way I can see would be to deny "p4 integrate" for branching
for a particular group, using the new p4broker application. It's more
involved, but this compensates for the lack of preop (or postop)
trigger for such commands.

Guillaume