[p4] P4 C/C++ API's experience

Stephen Vance steve at vance.com
Sat Mar 1 06:11:43 PST 2008

It is not similar to P4Perl. If you understand the C/C++ API many things
about P4Perl are clear, but there's not much about P4Perl that will help
you with the C/C++ API.

Robert Cowham has some writings on his blog and did a presentation at
the User Conference on using the C/C++ API. That and Perforce's
documentation in the tarball comprise the extent of the documentation as
I know it. There are also several projects in the Public Depot that may
be useful as examples. WebKeeper is one example that I know off the top
of my head.

Steve

Nittin chawala wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I want to write my own custom client using Perforce C/C++ Api's.
>
>   http://www.perforce.com/perforce/loadsupp.html
>
>   Does anyone have good/bad prior experience in that. Is it similar to P4PERL API's ?
>
>   --

Stephen Vance
www.vance.com