[p4] Jira integration: use jobs or not?

Olle Hallin olle.hallin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 13:50:13 PST 2008

Hi,

I'd say that you should go for #2 in your list below.

In this setup, the p4 jobs exist only to support the p4 tool set, so you
could say that it is JIRA-centric. (The set of p4 jobs corresponds to the
subset of JIRA issues that represent code changes.)

We use JIRA+p4 this way, with great success.

The developers appreciate that they are relieved from memorizing JIRA issue
names.
(This works provided that they have setup their JobView properly, e.g.,
"assignee=ollehallin ^issuestatus=closed").

It also increases the quality of the integration, since the risk for typos
is eliminated.

HTH,
Olle Hallin