[p4] Jira integration: use jobs or not?

Jamie.Echlin at barclayscapital.com Jamie.Echlin at barclayscapital.com
Sun Mar 2 21:55:33 PST 2008

> I'd say that you should go for #2 in your list below.

I agree. Furthermore I have disabled the changelist indexing, and
disabled the module that displays the P4 Changes tab in jira.

Other than the good reasons already listed for using jobs over relying
on changelist comments, is that it's still easy to see what jobs have
been fixed by changelists even after integrating to other branches
(fixes -i). If you rely on changelist comments this becomes difficult.

I don't have strong feelings between 2 and 3, I take the project mgmt's
lead on that, and set it up on a project by project basis. BTW, it's not
a "hidden job", it's just that the checkbox is "hidden".

I also restrict the area that jira indexes in perforce to one file, if
you have many changelists it can take a long time to index the whole
depot unless you do this.

Cheers, jamie

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Barclays. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Barclays you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England (number 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.