[p4] Deleting original depot without affecting branch

Gabor Maghera gmaghera at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 12:07:08 PST 2008

I am little bit confused about the necessity of running p4 snap when using
p4 obliterate.  The help on p4 obliterate for version 2007.2, does not state
anything about having to run p4 snap prior to using p4 obliterate.

So, I wonder, in order to preserve revisions for which you have lazy copies
in other branches, do you have to first run p4 snap?  Has there been a
change to the obliterate algorithm going from p4d 2007.2 to p4d 2007.3,
perhaps?

Thanks,
Gabor