[p4] typemap and exclusive locking (revisited)

todd.benham at kodak.com todd.benham at kodak.com
Wed Mar 5 08:28:27 PST 2008

I found many references to typemap setting and exclusive locking but I
can't get this one point straight.

If I add "binary+l //..." to our typemap, all future binary files are
exclusive lock by default.

Ideally, I want binaries to be exclusive lock but I want any specific
typemaps to still apply.
But I don't want any text files to be binary (which seems to be happening)
and the text types are not exclusive lock.

I located this above the middle of the typemap after all the "binary
//....xxx" lines but before any "text //...xxx" lines.

I removed that line. Do I have to add "+l" to each individual line or am I
missing something?

If this is true, then any binary added with an "unknown" extension will
not get the exclusive lock.

Todd