[p4] rsync for Windows

duncan.bowring at realtimeworlds.com duncan.bowring at realtimeworlds.com
Wed Mar 5 17:41:31 PST 2008

I haven't used either personally, but..
Perhaps: http://sourceforge.net/projects/rsyncwin32/

Rsync port to native Win32.

Or.. http://www.aboutmyip.com/AboutMyXApp/DeltaCopy.jsp

In general terms, DeltaCopy is an open source, fast incremental backup
program. Let's say you have to backup one file that is 500 MB every
night. A normal file copy would copy the entire file even if a few bytes
have changed. DeltaCopy, on the other hand, would only copy the part of
file that has actually been modified. This reduces the data transfer to
just a small fraction of 500 MB saving time and network bandwidth.
In technical terms, DeltaCopy is a "Windows Friendly" wrapper around the
Rsync program, currently maintained by Wayne Davison. "rsync" is
primarily designed for Unix/Linux/BSD systems. Although ports are
available for Windows, they typically require downloading Cygwin
libraries and manual configuration.

---
Duncan Bowring
Realtime Worlds