[p4] Number of users to admins ratio

Olle Hallin olle.hallin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 14:06:45 PDT 2008

Hi!

At our shop with ~45 users at three geographically separated sites, I spend
less than 10 min/week at Perforce administration.

Mostly it is trivial stuff like adding and deleting users, resetting
forgotten passwords etc.

In addition to that I spend approx. 30 min/release for the product I work
with, since I'm the CM for that product team. We release once every 4 weeks.

I have trained my teams to do their own CM stuff. In my opinion, the teams
know best how to manage their branches and resolve their merge conflicts ;-)

We have 5 different products, each with typically with a main branch plus
2-3 active releases. In some cases we also have additional development
branches.

We have continuous integration (QuickBuild, http://pmease.com) and Maven2.

Creating a new release for our main product including setting up new
QuickBuild projects (continuous, nightly, integration test) takes approx. 30
minutes.

Regards,
Olle