[p4] P4 reopen with security level 3

Looney, James B (N-ULA) james.b.looney at lmco.com
Mon Mar 10 15:46:04 PDT 2008

I haven't completely checked this out, but it got my attention when one
of my coworkers 'stole' a file from me.  He used p4 reopen, and it was
reopened in his name.  Am I missing something in believing that with
security in place (level 3), that this should not be allowed to happen?

To make sure the question's clear:
user1: p4 edit file.cpp
	file.cpp - opened for edit

user2: p4 opened
	file.cpp edit default change (text) by jlooney at clientName
user2: p4 reopen file.cpp
user2: p4 opened
	file.cpp - edit default change

It seems to me as though this violates part of why we have to login as
individual users.  Unless this has something to do with user1 and user2
being in the same group or having access to the same files?

Thanks,
-James