[p4] Which command am I missing?

Nittin chawala nittinchawala at yahoo.co.in
Tue Mar 11 06:16:45 PDT 2008

Solution 1:
  ========
  Ticket can be used anywhere a password is used so you can use

  p4 login -p <userid>
  to display the ticket and with all the commands you can use
  p4 -P <ticket>

  ========
  ========

  Solution 2:
  ========
  You need to set Timeout for your userid-group to zero. If you have ticket based auth enforced i.e security level 3 running "p4 login" on each timeout is must.
  Or
  you can parse the output of "p4 login -s" to see if your ticket is still valid or not.

  ========
  ========
  --

dosborne at advisorport.com wrote:
  All,
I am currently working on 3 projects and am writing MS-DOS batch code to
automate the get latest process.

It works fine - but I cannot handle the situation where my session has
expired - what command do I need to run to re-login to the session?

Here is what I have. I get the warning 'Your session has expired, please
login again' after I run the line p4 login -s - do I need a new flag,
and/or do I need to pass in my username? I looked at the help for the p4
login command but no joy. I don't see a command to send in my password.

REM The are environmental variables I set
p4 set P4CLIENT=%P4CLIENT%
p4 set P4PORT=%P4PORT%
p4 set P4USER=%P4USER%

REM %1 is the project I am logging in to
p4 login -s
p4 client -o %P4CLIENT%
p4 changes -s submitted -L -m 100 //%P4CLIENT%/MyFolder/%1/...

p4 fstat -P -Olh //%P4CLIENT%/* //%P4CLIENT%/MyFolder/*
p4 fstat -P -C {9 items}
p4 depots
p4 dirs -C {8 items}
p4 changes -s submitted -L -m 100 //%P4CLIENT%/MyFolder/%1/...
p4 sync -f //%P4CLIENT%/MyFolder/%1/...#head

TIA,
Doug

The contents of this email are the property of the sender. If it was not addressed to you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error, please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the sender.