[p4] Automated Remote Restores

Robert Cowham robert at vaccaperna.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 04:19:50 PDT 2008

It's probably easier to pull rather than push, unless you have a tame
framework for doing so (I am sure they exist). I have seen the following
work very successfully:

- live server has a cronjob (Windows scheduled task)
	- does journal
	- this is copied to common backup fileshare

- shadow server has a scheduled task set an hour or two after it is known
the other will complete (non-existence is an error)
	- looks for latest journal on backup fileshare
	- restores and checks for errors, and email if so

The above all achieved via bash scripts, but not hard, especially in python.