[p4] Merge problem - help needed

Dave Lewis dlewis78731 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 23:42:27 PDT 2008

I think your best bet is to first find out why those files say
"integrate ignored".  This would usually be the case if you had done
an "accept yours" action for the file. I guess what I'm really saying
is that you have not really determined that the merge was not properly
done.  It may be that somebody decided not to move over specific
changes.  Doing an "accept yours" action effectively ignores the
changes being merged, and records that those changes do not need to be
further considered for merging.

In any case, take one of those files and carefully examine it and the
file that was to be integrated into it. My experience is that usually
there is a reason that I hadn't considered that causes these sorts of
puzzle.  Deleted files, for example, are a bit pesky. You have to
determine the proper action if either the target or source file was
deleted. For instance if the file in S1 was deleted, but then changes
from the file in S2 are to be integrated, do you recreate that file?
Or, if the file was deleted in S2, do you then want to delete it in
S1?

dave