[p4] Problem adding files in overlay mapping directories

Chuck Karish chuck.karish at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 05:28:03 PDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 12:08 PM, slalande <slalande50 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> When you are talking about template, is it possible to include them in
>  perforce.

A template is another Perforce client spec that is copied when you
make a new client.  Run "p4 help client" and look at the "-t" option.

>  How do you create them.

"p4 client <client_name>"

> Do we need to be adminstrator?

No.  That's the problem.  Any user can change the template and often
they do, unintentionally.  If you lock the template a client created
from it is also locked and the user has to unlock it to change it.

I've had better luck using scripts to generate client specs.

Chuck Karish karish at well.com (415) 317-0182