[p4] Feature request: P4 job as revision range specifier

Calman, Kevin Kevin.Calman at acs-inc.com
Tue Mar 25 14:22:13 PDT 2008

    If this hasn't been request in the past, I would like to request the
following feature from Perforce: allow use of a job in a revision range.
    We use the P4DTI to synchronize P4 jobs to Bugzilla bugs, and then use
those bugs as atomic units of work to drop code in to builds. It would be
really useful to be able to sync a workspace to all the changelists in a
particular bug (job) in a single operation.
    Currently, we use a wrapper script to build a private label from the
changelists in a job, and then sync that, but it is a drag.
--
Opinions herein are exclusively my own, unless you share them.
Kevin Calman, kevin.calman at acs-inc.com, +1-512-671-2647

"CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is
message."