[p4] Delete integration records?

Stephen Vance steve at vance.com
Tue Mar 25 14:59:47 PDT 2008

Jeff --

Why fake it when you can use 'integ -f'? The short answer to your
overall question is that, no, there is no way to delete integration
records without some deep unsupported magic. I would recommend doing a
selective force integration (e.g. 'integ -f -s @1234, at 1234') for the fix
in question when you are ready to re-visit it.

Steve

Jeff Kleppinger wrote:
> I have a changelist in a dev branch that was integrated into a release
> branch for a hotfix - now we want to remove that change from the release
> branch because the change caused problems, and we want to ship the next
> release without it.  If the revisions from that changelist were still
> the latest revisions on the release branch, I would have just
> obliterated the release branch integration changelist, but since there
> are subsequent changes to the same files on the release branch, I've
> backed out the change from the release branch, following "Backing out an
> old changelist" at
> http://kb.perforce.com/UserTasks/ManagingFile..Changelists/RevertingSub.
> .Changelists
>

> The problem is that the next time I do a mass-integration of the dev
> branch to the release branch, that changelist will not be picked up, as
> Perforce still thinks the change has been integrated already.  I want to
> somehow delete the integration records for that changelist, so next time
> around, Perforce flags it as needing integration.
>

> In ClearCase terms, I simply want to "delete the merge arrows".
>

> Is there any way to obliterate the integration records, or fake P4 into
> integrating the changes again, without having to use "integ -f"?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Jeff

Stephen Vance
www.vance.com