[p4] Feature request: P4 job as revision range specifier

Jeff A. Bowles jab at pobox.com
Tue Mar 25 15:39:54 PDT 2008

I assume you sent this to Perforce Technical Support; they're the ones you
ask for these sorta things.
Be prepared, when you ask for this, to answer this question: "but what about
the job that corresponds to five changelists, and has multiple revisions of
a specific single file referenced by that job?"  (This is the situation,
"oops!  I needed to fix-the-fix before handing to QA. Now, where was the bug
number it fixed...")

What should it do in the workspace for the files that weren't included
/addressed by that job? Remove them? Leave them alone? (If you're aiming for
a job in a revision range, the semantics of files/revision-ranges lead to
that as the second question.)

Don't get me wrong - I think it's a good idea. But to make it feel
"consistent" with existing syntax / semantics takes a bit of time with
questions like this.

  -Jeff Bowles