[p4] Feature request: P4 job as revision range specifier

Shawn Hladky p4shawn at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 17:09:43 PDT 2008

You can setup a daemon to automatically create sparse labels for your jobs
with a specific naming convention... like 'jl-job1234'.
Then you can sync on them with p4 sync @=jl-job1234 or report on them with
p4 files @=jl-job1234 or integrate them with p4 integ -b <branch> -s
@jl-job1234.  Be careful with the use of @ vs. @= as you'll get different
results with different commands.

You can find an example of this in the Public Depot here:
//guest/shawn_hladky/P4.Net/release/1.0/samples/JobLabeler/src/JobLabeler/

I actually haven't implemented this on our live server, but on a test server
this worked fine with around 30k jobs & 90k fixes.  The only problem was the
gui clients when you click on the labels tab... but that might be better now
that p4 labels has a -m flag.