[p4] How to sync a particular subtree to a label?

Karr, David david.karr at wamu.net
Wed Mar 26 13:38:38 PDT 2008

In p4win, I believe I can right-click on a directory and select a label
to sync to, but this will only affect that directory tree.  Is that
correct?

I'm trying to do the same thing on the command line.  I have a depot
with a bunch of top-level dirs.  I created a label.  I dropped one of
the top-level dirs onto the label.  When I "describe" it, it only shows
the elements in that top-level dir.

However, if I go to that directory in the shell and do "p4 sync -n
@label" it shows output lines that show it would have affected more than
the one top-level dir.  It also referenced other top-level peer
directories.