[p4] P4V 2007.3 cannot log in to P4AUTH slave server?

Arthur van Dongen Arthur.van.Dongen at tsolve.com
Fri Mar 28 01:48:33 PDT 2008

Hello all,

I recently upgraded my client P4V to 2007.3/147477. Since then I can
still log in to the P4D server with the users configured, but *not* to
the P4D server which points to the first one using the P4AUTH config
option.  P4V reports "no such user", P4Win 2007.3 logs in OK. The P4V
release notes only mention fixing a bug in P4AUTH, a search in the P4D
release notes gives no results.

Both servers run on a single physical machine, version 2005.2/93627 on
Windows Server 2003, using AD integration. Behaviour stays the same
regardless whether I use a proxy.

So, does anyone else have this problem, and which server versions are
involved? Are there workarounds available? Will upgrading the server
solve the problem?

Thanks for your help!

Arthur van Dongen
Centric TSolve