[p4] verify output

Monica Sanchez msanchez at FreedomScientific.com
Sun Mar 30 15:52:49 PDT 2008

Thanks, I'll try to explain a little better:

I have 5 depots on my database, some are big, for backup purpose I
verify each of the depots separated like:

P4 verify -q //depot1/...
P4 verify -q //depot2/...
P4 verify -q //depot3/...

This weekend I was doing some perforce maintenance and I did verify but
I used the command:

P4 verify -q //...

Well, this gave me a lot of "BAD" files. I checked the files with errors
and all of them where ktype, so I executed the command below for each
file (with version) with error.

P4 verify -v //depot1/dir1/file1.h#2

This command gave a good output
  //depot1/dir1/file1.h #2 - edit change 37008 (ktext)
F9CD312EA49FD44E27D705319B859D74
  //depot1/dir1/file1.h #1 - branch change 36957 (ktext)
52C3B6A1F6EBF6DBF54009F241C9F5ED

I divided the work on depots, so I executed verify -v on depot1 and then
I executed the command below and I did not get any errors.

P3 verify -q //depot1/...

I did the same for the other depots and at the end I did the full all
depots verify and I got the same errors as before.

P4 verify -q //...

What is the correct way to execute verify, by database, by depot, by
dir, by file? What the command p4 verify -q //depot1/... not correct?

Thanks,
Monica