[p4] Keeping everybody in sync with client specs?

Gabor Maghera gmaghera at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 17:59:12 PDT 2008

I don't know if this is an option in your environment, but I would encourage
containerizing.  In other words, don't allow top level directory creation
(similar to what John Dix points out).   If people add a subdirectory to a
directory already covered in your client spec, chances are your build script
will not have to change (there are a few exceptions to this).  If they need
to add a new top-level directory, that is best handled via a request to the
depot curator (who is likely to be on the build team).

Cheers,
Gabor