[p4] Finding unintegrated changes

Yamuna Ramasubramaniyan YRamasubramaniyan at webroot.com
Tue Nov 4 05:17:38 PST 2008

Hello,

I have a project which has 4 branches, Main, R1, R2 and R3.  My task is
to find changes in R1 that aren't in other branches.  I'm using the
interchanges command but it doesn't help in the below case:

*	Cl  #1 is submitted to main and integrated to R1 ( cl #2) and R2
( cl #3).  I can't figure out a way to determine that cl #2 was
submitted to R2 and not R3.

Our dev process is that changes are submitted to Main and integrated to
R1, R2 etc.   In light of this confusion, I'm tempted to abandon this
method.  What submission policy do you follow if there are multiple
parallel development branches for a project?

Thanks,

Yamuna