[p4] Finding unintegrated changes

Rick Macdonald rickmacd at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 4 08:01:11 PST 2008

As Robert mentioned, Laura's book Practical Perforce is highly
recommended. Besides the interchanges command, I also use Jobs as
discussed in Chapter 8.

You could try the following:

Even after the fact, you can attach a Job to a changelist in Main. Using
jobs -i on the three R branches, it will tell you if the "fix"
associated with the Main changelist has been integrated to the other
branches. You can delete the Job and the fix when you're done, so the
whole thing can be put into a script. I think I suggested this before
(in the last few months) where I showed the commands to create and
delete the Job, but here is just the jobs command showing a change that
is in R2 but not R1:

$ p4 jobs -i -e job=xxx1234 //R1/...
$ p4 jobs -i -e job=xxx1234 //R2/...
xxx1234 on 2008/09/02 by rickm *closed* 'Temporary Job to track Main
changelist 1234 integrations.'

Rick