[p4] Finding unintegrated changes

Yamuna Ramasubramaniyan YRamasubramaniyan at webroot.com
Tue Nov 4 09:30:38 PST 2008

Thanks!  I agree, the book is a fabulous resource and I found the
interchanges command in there.  I checked with support and they say the
output is valid, but not to rely on the same output format in upcoming
versions of Perforce.  R1, R2 etc are release branches and main is the
latest/greatest branch in our environment.  That's why we submit to main
and integrate to the release branches.
I guess a better way to phrase my question is using the output of
interchanges, if I find the cl is a result of an integration (as opposed
to an edit), can I find the parent cl and see which other branches the
parent cl has been integrated into.  I see more quality time with
filelog and changes -I is called for, but the script is becoming
seriously convoluted.  I really like the jobs idea and will explore it
further.

-Cheers,
Yamuna