[p4] Finding unintegrated changes

Jeff A. Bowles jab at pobox.com
Tue Nov 4 13:49:17 PST 2008

When I teach Perforce classes, I give a simple rule: "fix the bug in the
codeline that will move the least, and integrate the work to the other
codelines. It is easier to modify three (3) lines to fix the bug, then
integrate to the codeline that will need ninety (90) lines to fix it, than
the other way around."   (I always include the point, that ultimately, you
make the change in the "easiest" codeline and integrate / propagate from
there.  "If the developer has the code available and ready to test, in
codeline 'A', then that is likely the 'right' place to make the change."
In a way, Robert's suggestion (" fix in the oldest [applicable] release
branch") is a variation of this.

  -jab