[p4] Script files and versioning

Rick Macdonald rickmacd at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 5 07:36:26 PST 2008

I just have questions, not answers.

For me, versioning implies branching, but a question that I would need
to ask is what is your intention and requirement for the versions.
Having created a new release 3.0, do you have people still using version
2.8? Do you need to give the version 2.x users new features and bug
fixes relative to their 2.x version, or do you simply make them upgrade
to 3.1 or whatever the latest version is at the time to get their bugfix?

Also, are your php, python and sql components independent to the point
that you might push out a new version of the sql/database, or would all
three always go out as one big release?

Rick