[p4] Tracking "ignored" integrates

phil.mcardle at realtimeworlds.com phil.mcardle at realtimeworlds.com
Wed Nov 12 08:43:42 PST 2008

Hi,

I work in an environment where large numbers of binary files are
frequently integrated between different branches by different people,
and I've come across a stumbling block in tracing what happened and
where.

Recently I was looking at a file in the revision graph in P4V and found
that the file was ignored in a specific integrate, however, in both
P4Win & P4V if I looked at the file history or the changelist
description I can find no mention of this and can't see any easy way to
determine if a file was in fact changed without resorting to diffing a
binary file?

Both clients report that the file was either branched or integrated,
which is a little disconcerting, is this what I should expect to see?

Have I missed something in the GUI clients, or is there a p4 command
that I can run that will give me better information than what I'm
getting from the GUIs?

Many thanks,

Phil

DISCLAIMER

This message and any attachments contain privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. Please note that we cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or that it has not been intercepted and amended. The views of the author may not necessarily reflect those of Realtime Worlds Ltd.

Realtime Worlds Ltd is registered in Scotland, number 225628. Registered Office: 152 West Marketgait, Dundee, DD1 1NJ.