[p4] Ignore white space unintuitive

Arieh Schneier ASchneier at bluetongue.com
Mon Nov 17 16:27:10 PST 2008

Is it just me, or is the ignore white space option in the P4 diff
program (P4Merge) really unintuitive.

It does the finding and highlighting fine, however it shows the old
whitespace in both the left and right panes. So if you are looking
through the dif, the spacing on the right hand pane is not like the
actual file, it is a cross between the old and the new white space,
making it very hard to read. Wouldn't it be better to keep the
whitespace of the new file in the right hand pane and just not highlight
it.

This has been bothering for quite some time now, I was just wondering if
anyone else felt the same way as me (and every other programmer in my
company).

Arieh.