[p4] Ignore WIN case sensitive drive character in "p4 dirs"

Sheizaf, Yariv yariv.sheizaf at sap.com
Tue Nov 18 06:12:40 PST 2008

Hi,

Let's say I have a folder DOS path, for example:
C:\workdir\mydepot\abc\xyz

Where C:\workdir is my Perforce Client root folder.

The expected output of "p4 dirs C:\workdir\mydepot\abc\xyz"
Is:   //mydepot/abc/xyz

But, if in the "cmd" window (yes, the old DOS) the drive character is
"c:" instead of "C:",
Then the output of "p4 dirs" is "files not in client view" (because the
client view knows only C:, not c: ).

How can I solve it (without using Perl, Bash, etc. - using pure & poor
DOS)?

Option 1:  Translate "c:" to "C:" ?
Option 2:  Use an "ignore case sensitivity" argument for "p4 dirs"?

Please you advice.

Regards,

Yariv Sheizaf
SAP SBS CM TL