[p4] Need Help in CheckPoint in Perforce....

Rajesh Kumar (IN4774) rajesh_kumar1 at mindtree.com
Thu Nov 20 23:18:52 PST 2008

Hi,

I read following article in Wiki about perforce....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perforce

"Database tables are stored as binary files. Checkpoints and journals<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transaction_checkpoint> are written as text files that can be compressed and offloaded. A database that has been corrupted by hardware failure or other catastrophe can be recovered from the most recent journal and checkpoint. Administrators must plan for disaster recovery by configuring database journaling and setting up regular checkpoints."

My Question is: How to setup Checkpoint in database? Is there any link or help I can get it from here....
Rajesh Kumar| CM Build and Packaging Engineer
http://www.scmgalaxy.com<http://www.scmgalaxy.com/> | http://packaginggalaxy.com/

This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. E-mail may contain viruses. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects. While MindTree Limited (MindTree) has put in place checks to minimize the risks, MindTree will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating either from within MindTree or outside.

Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.

MindTree reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from MindTree e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the MindTree e-mail system or else where.