[p4] p4 form trigger of change form

Liu, Ye YLiu at bgcpartners.com
Fri Nov 21 12:01:14 PST 2008

Dear Perforce Users,

I want to create a form-submit trigger of change form. There is no
example in perforce doc on which parameters can be passed to the
trigger. I try the following example:

#perforce trigger table

formSave form-commit change "/home/perforce/bin/formSave.sh %user%"

#formSave.sh

#!/bin/bash

CHANGE=$1

# echo hello > /tmp/formSave.txt

# p4 describe $CHNAGE > /tmp/formSave.txt

echo $CHANGE > /tmp/formSave.txt

After I edit a changelist and submit,  the trigger is not fired. Can you
review my example on what I have done wrongly? If you can provide a
small example showing what perforce parameters can be passed, that will
be very helpful.

Thanks,

YE LIU

http://www.bgcpartners.com
CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail has been sent to you by one of the BGC entities (collectively BGC)
listed at the following link http://www.bgcpartners.com/legal/disclaimers/index.html#email_disclaimer.
The link contains company and FSA registration numbers. This e-mail, including its contents and
attachments, if any, are confidential. If you are not the named recipient please notify the sender and
immediately delete it. You may not disseminate, distribute, or forward this e-mail message or disclose
its contents to anybody else. Copyright and any other intellectual property rights in its contents are the
sole property of BGC and its affiliates. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification is required please request a
hard-copy version. Although we routinely screen for viruses, addressees should check this e-mail and any
attachments for viruses. We make no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this
e-mail or any attachments. Please note that to ensure regulatory compliance and for the protection of our
customers and business, we may monitor and read e-mails sent to and from our server(s).
The registered offices of the BGC entities are at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5RD.
For any issues arising from this email please reply to the sender.
The FSA register appears at http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/.
The FSA regulates the financial services industry in the United Kingdom and is located at
25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5HS.