[p4] p4 form trigger of change form

Michael Delaney mdelaney at upromise.com
Fri Nov 21 13:56:28 PST 2008

You might want to take a look at the variable %formfile%, Accoring to
the Perforce documentation, %formfile%, is the parameter which contains
the location (and file name) to a temporary version of the form being
submitted to Perforce.

Your setup might look like

[ trigger table ]
formSave form-commit change "/home/perforce/bin/formSave.sh %formfile% %changelist%"

[ formSave.sh ]

#!/bin/bash
FORM=$1
CHANGE=$2

# echo hello > /tmp/formSave.txt
# p4 describe $CHANGE > /tmp/formSave.txt
echo $CHANGE > /tmp/formSave.txt
cat $FORM >> /tmp/formSave.txt