[p4] p4 form trigger of change form

Liu, Ye YLiu at bgcpartners.com
Fri Nov 21 14:16:41 PST 2008

Hi, Michael

I tried the following tests:

I tried form-save trigger and my trigger table are:

Triggers:
        verify_job_status change-submit //dev/audit2k/...
"/home/perforce/bin/preventJobClosure.sh %change%"
        formSave form-save change "/home/perforce/bin/formSave.sh %user%
%change% %action% %formfile% %formname% %jobs%"
        formCommit form-commit change "/home/perforce/bin/formCommit.sh
%user% %change% %action%"

And my trigger is:
#formSave.sh
#!/bin/bash
USER=$1
CHANGE=$2
ACTION=$3
FORMFILE=$4
FORMNAME=$5
JOBS=$6
# echo hello > /tmp/formSave.txt
# p4 describe $CHNAGE > /tmp/formSave.txt echo $USER > /tmp/formSave.txt
echo $CHANGE >> /tmp/formSave.txt echo $ACTION >> /tmp/formSave.txt echo
$FORMFILE >> /tmp/formSave.txt echo $FORMNAME >> /tmp/formSave.txt echo
$JOBS >> /tmp/formSave.txt

#formCommit.sh
#!/bin/bash
USER=$1
CHANGE=$2
ACTION=$3
FORMFILE=$4
FORMNAME=$5
JOBS=$6
# echo hello > /tmp/formCommit.txt
# p4 describe $CHNAGE > /tmp/formCommit.txt echo $USER >
/tmp/formCommit.txt echo $CHANGE >> /tmp/formCommit.txt echo $ACTION >>
/tmp/formCommit.txt echo $FORMFILE >> /tmp/formCommit.txt echo $FORMNAME
>> /tmp/formCommit.txt echo $JOBS >> /tmp/formCommit.txt

I ran 2 tests:

1. p4 change 33 -f and modify its description: form-save trigger is
fired and I got %user%, %formfile% and %formname%, which is 3.
Form-commit trigger is not fired.

2. p4 change -o 35: form-save trigger is fired and I got %user%,
%formfile% and %formname%, which is "default", but not the new
changelist number. Form-commit trigger is not fired.

According to the doc, the changelist number is only visible for
form-commit trigger but in both cases, it does not fore. Please take it
a look.

YE LIU

http://www.bgcpartners.com
CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail has been sent to you by one of the BGC entities (collectively BGC)
listed at the following link http://www.bgcpartners.com/legal/disclaimers/index.html#email_disclaimer.
The link contains company and FSA registration numbers. This e-mail, including its contents and
attachments, if any, are confidential. If you are not the named recipient please notify the sender and
immediately delete it. You may not disseminate, distribute, or forward this e-mail message or disclose
its contents to anybody else. Copyright and any other intellectual property rights in its contents are the
sole property of BGC and its affiliates. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification is required please request a
hard-copy version. Although we routinely screen for viruses, addressees should check this e-mail and any
attachments for viruses. We make no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this
e-mail or any attachments. Please note that to ensure regulatory compliance and for the protection of our
customers and business, we may monitor and read e-mails sent to and from our server(s).
The registered offices of the BGC entities are at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5RD.
For any issues arising from this email please reply to the sender.
The FSA register appears at http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/.
The FSA regulates the financial services industry in the United Kingdom and is located at
25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5HS.